Monday, July 28, 2008

LIFE IS ABOUT COMPROMISING



Are you wondering what this is a photo of? It is the underside of Brandon's bunk bed. Brandon has a thing for stickers. He LOVES them. I DON'T! He used to stick them all over the walls. I would get mad and peel them off and throw them out. He would have a fit. He started putting them in the closet....so I would not see them......and that didn't work either. I felt bad, sort of! These sticker really meant something to him but I just could not bring myself to allow them all over the place. One night, while laying in bed with him, I looked up at the underside of the top bunk and saw he had put one there. I thought about it for a minute and decided that would work. He could stick them all over the wood and he could see them every night but I could not! I went and bought him a page of new sticker and told him that he could put them anywhere he wanted, as long as it was underneath the bunk. He was thrilled. Whenever he get a new car that has sticker in the package to decorate the doors or hood of the car, he puts them under the bed instead. He took the guitar hero stickers and put them on his bed instead of on the guitar. He has even taken the "claim you free prize" stickers them come in the mail to market a product and sticks them to the bed. It made me realize that we really need to pick our battles and compromise with our kids more often. It is not always necessary to be "right". I would have never know how much joy these silly little sticker bring a 9 year old boy had I not given in a little! So now you know to save all your little stickers and mail them to Brandon.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so Brandon. But hey we have to compromise a bit for our kids. Something so simple as a sticker makes him happy. CUTE FAMILY PHOTO!! You look sooooo pretty in it.

Flynn Fam 6 said...

I remember you telling me a while back that was where he was allowed to put his stickers. Boy, I never knew he had that many he wanted to put somewhere. He is so darn cute we just love him to death:) Your a good mom for letting him stick them anywhere in the house!!!

Michele said...

Brandon is so funny! I just love dub! What a way to compromise! I wonder if I get to look forward to this too!? Hey I want to go see Mama Mia, tell when you go again so that I can come!

The Flynn's said...

Gosh, Livi is the same way about that kind of junk. She wants to keep EVERYTHING. Her collection of "art" on her wall just keeps getting larger.