Sunday, July 27, 2008

FLASHBACK FRIDAY......OR SUNDAY!

I have only done this one week and already am behind. I guess I am following in Em's footsteps. (smile, smile). I guess better late then never!
Ashlee really loves to watch home videos, especially the tape with her birth on it. I sat down and watched it with her the other day and thought about when each of the kids were born. Somewhere on the tape someone made a comment about all 10 fingers and all 10 toes and it reminded me of the fact that that is NOT a given. Imagine the feeling when the nurses are being so cute and counting all your newborns toes and you hear "5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11?" Eleven!!! Is that a joke? Well, with Tyler is was no joke. He had 6 toes on one foot. The 6th toe was actually a skin tab since it had no bone but it was just off the pinkie toe and it did have toenail so medically it was considered a 6th toe and a "birth defect" They tied it off and in about a week, it just shriveled up like a raisin and fell off....pretty much like the belly button. If I had to choose a birth defect, that would be the one but it caused my heart to stop for just a split second! The formation of a baby is such a miracle that it is a wonder that more things don't go wrong. It is just evidence of our Heavenly Father's love. Only He could create such perfect human beings....even with 11 toes!

5 comments:

Flynn Fam 6 said...

Aww, Tyler is perfect in every way! I love your new family photo. Where did you take them at? I love the rocks and stuff, really pretty! You all look terrific in it.

The Flynn's said...

I remember when that toe fell off and we couldn't find it. We were so freaked out and looked all over for it. I'm pretty sure we never found it. Yuck!

Stephens Family said...

I guess if you have to deal with any "birth defect", that one wasn't too bad. But it still stresses you out for ANYTHING to be wrong with your brand new baby! Cute new family pics!

Kim Rose said...

Cute family pic! I remember that too! We really have been lucky as a family. With all of the babies that have been born, there really has not been many issues. Thank heavens!
I will never forget when you told me you were pregnant with him. I felt so bad for you!

DIAZ BLOG said...

yes, at the time it was difficult to have them so close together but now I am glad. We knew we wanted 4kids and it was better to just get them here.