Saturday, October 6, 2007

I got tagged.....8 habits or facts about myself


1. I am a freak about my bed. I cannot go to sleep if there are wrinkles in the sheets. I know.....that is weird. I make my bed most mornings but if I have not had the chance, I have to make it before I go to bed. Hospital corners and all. Then I get in and hold the covers tight so Dave does not mess them up when he gets in bed. If I am already asleep, it doesn't bother me but I will toss and turn if I can feel wrinkled sheets. I was staying in a hotel once and they used a top sheet instead of a bottom sheet. It drove me nuts! I had to call housekeeping and ask for a fitted sheet!

2. I LOVE milk!! I think it has been a bad day if I do not have access to my milk. When Dave and I got married, he thought it was so weird that I would get the gallon of milk out and put it on the table for meals. He would ask me why not just pour a glass. Hello, one glass is not enough! He's lucky I even botherd with the glass. This is my dads fault. He always made sure we drank lots of milk.

3. I love the sunshine and summertime. I love to swim and have since I was one year old. I can sit at 7 peaks for hours and read. I love the sun and the heat. (as long as water is near by when I need to cool off) I also love the beach. I really would live in Florida if I could. There is something so soothing about the ocean....the sound of the waves crashing and the smell of the salt is just the best!

4. I walk very fast! I walk every morning as exercise and my pace is almost as fast as a slow jog. The problem is I walk fast everywhere. I don't think about it and I am not necessarily in a hurry. It is just my regular pace. I also get very annoyed at people who walk slow, especially in grocery stores. Come on people, don't you have anything better to do? (Just a side note, I hate grocery shopping).

5. I am a peacemaker for the most part. I really hate confrontation. I usually run the other way when the conversation get heated or at the very least, change the subject. However, I can hold my own. It usually takes alot for me to speak up but when I am pushed to my limit, watch out! I can have a temper! I am very patient with children. I actually really enjoy toddlers which is why I teach preschool. But adults drive me nuts. I have no patients for stupid grown ups!! That's rude, I know. I am a pretty good listener, which has served me well in my calling. I seem to attract people with big problems. That is OK because I really enjoy helping people. (as long as they are not stupid, of course. smile, smile)

6. I love to read. I can read for hours. That is the problem. If I start a book, everything else get put on the back burner. I have to be careful. Sleeping is important too! My favorite author is Mary Higgins Clark. My mom and I enjoy sharing her books. One will read it then pass it on to the other. We then talk about the books forever. One of us always has her newest book purchased the day it is out! I also love Anita Stansfield and any book about church topics. I am read The Screwtape Letter right now and it is amazing.

7. I come from a family of 6 girls. I know you all know this about me but I really love having all sisters! We drove eachother crazy as kids but as adults, we are the best of friends. If you take on one of us.....BEWARE......you will get us all! Ask Brian how this works! I come from a family that really knows what it means to put family first! If I really needed it, and I have in the past, at least one sister and one parent is here in 4 hours. We will drop what we are doing for eachother. That is hard to come by!! I have the best family in the world!

8. I hate politics! I think it's that contention thing. Dave likes to watch all those political shows and I think it is a bunch of adults fighting like little kids. No one even get to complete a thought. I get enough of that at home! I do have my political oponions but I very seldom express them. Someone will always argue with you!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Good Job on the blog!! And I'm with ya on the milk thing...our family needs a few cows, since milk has gotten so expensive!
Cute pictures on your blog too.


ps...I will add you to my "blogger friends"

The Flynn's said...

Since you are a preschool teacher... Are you aware that you only put down 7 things? Maybe the kids should be teaching you. :) Each number cracks me up though cause there is actually several facts on each one. Funny!

Stephens Family said...

Yo Yo Jenn! Blog is looking cute! Your facts actually got me teary eyed. Not sure why. They were just good! : ) Love ya!!! Can't wait for Cali!! You really better come! Here is the link to my blog, so add me as a friend and I'll do the same.

http://gobroncos-stephensfam.blogspot.com/

Natalie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALYSSA!! Your card should get there any day now.
Nat